How to setup one Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway for more mail servers.
Situation: Customer network abc.lab is using 2 Exchange servers and he want to use only one KSMG with forwarding e-mails to both of Exchange servers.
Solution: MS Exchange servers are.
- Create internal MX records only in internal DNS server for abc.lab domain for 2 exchange servers with MX preference value.
abc.lab MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = MBX1.abc.lab
abc.lab MX preference = 20, mail exchanger = MBX2.abc.lab
- Set first internal and second external DNS servers in network configuration of KSMG. If you need to change after installation wizard, use “Technical support mode”
- Set settings below in MTA settings.
– Trusted networks both exchange servers (10.28.0.0/24 and 10.28.3.0/24)
– Don’t fill Email destination address, because in this scenario we have 2 exchanges servers! Not only one.
– MX record lookup > Enabled (because point one)
- In Domains settings of KSMG specify:
Destination address and port number > abc.lab
MX lookup > Enabled
If you need more details or have some another questions on this topic, ask below this post.